09 June 2010

And The Winner Is....

First of all I just want to say thank you to everyone for all of the great feedback, it has been a very tough decision! I narrowed it down to Butterick 5032, Simplicity 4760 (vintage), and Vogue 1182. I really like the vintage Simplicity but decided not to do it out of pure laziness because it is a 30" bust and I am a 34-36" (depending on the bra, LOL) and I don't feel like taking the time to re-scale it..I am trying really hard to bust through my stash and I have a huge pattern que!

So then it was down to two..and I decided on Butterick 5032!
There are two reasons why:
1. Lora at Sew Red Hot made it, and it looks great!
2. I found the PERFECT fabric and headpiece to match that will look stunning with this style!
Honestly, I really was going to go with Vogue 1182 because I think it will look fab with a huge hat, but then I got thinking about fabric..silk was out (sweat and silk don't mix well if it is a hot day), and I couldn't find any cottons or linens that seemed right. And then I accidentally found the cotton print that just screamed B5032 and made up my mind right there and then..I'm not going to show you a picture of it yet because I want the entire ensemble to be a suprise! I did find this along the way and thought it would be fun with a headpiece made of matching ribbons, but I'm not keen on the colour scheme and don't want anything too crazy..this isn't Royal Asocot!





It has been perfect sewing weather this week (cold and rainy) combined with a husband across the Atlantic, so I have gotten a lot of sewing done! I've almost finished a dress I'm working on and have started another that I want to wear on Saturday for Anna's birthday..unfortunately I probably won't get pictures up until next week because my personal photographer is away on business.

Happy sewing lovelies!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Can't wait to see the finished product.
    The dress went together well for me. I made no changes on the bodice and just increased the width of the darts on the back skirt to adjust for a sway back.
    Oh, and apparently I cut out size 10 even though Ii was technically a 14 (I just checked my blog!)
    Good luck !

    ReplyDelete