01 June 2010

Ticked off the To Do List

Although it rained most of the day it warmed up a bit so I was finally able to get some photos in the garden! This is Butterick 5314 and Butterick's free pattern download for the Retro Tie Bag I wrote about here.


This is a modern pattern but I think it's got a retro vibe, don't you? I made the bag because the fabric is such a wonky colour (sometimes it looks more blue, sometimes more lavender) and I have had a horrible time trying to match accessories. The only thing I don't like is the self made belt..it isn't very secure but I'd never done it before so I figured I'd have a go, but I think in the future I will use a professional service. I think I must have lost some weight since I originally cut and fit it because the dress and belt feel a tad baggy. Other than that, it was sooo easy to make and could probably be done as a weekend project. I used embroidered linen with a cupro lining for both the dress and bag. This will be perfect for summer if we get some warm weather..*sigh* such is life in North Yorkshire!

5 comments:

  1. Welcome!
    I'm new to blogging as well.

    www.sewamusing.blogspot.com
    Christiana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that stretched neck! you look wonderful vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you look lovely in this dress. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress is gorgeous. Love your blog. I'm signing up as a follower and placing you on my blog list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look adorable--as usual!!!!

    ReplyDelete